If you have read my blog for any length of time, then you know how much of a fan I am of whiteboards. I have at least 3 whiteboards hanging in my home office. I would probably hang up more if I could figure out a way. Whiteboards solve many productivity challenges for me. Without them I would miss out on opportunities, forget about my goals, and get off track.
Here are some ways my whiteboards make me more productive:
- A visual for my 90 day goals – I have a whiteboard just above my computer monitor that contains my 90 day goals in 5 critical areas of my life. They hover over me daily like a boss. When I sit back in my chair, I see them. They get me back on track when I have lost focus.
- A 30 day editorial calendar for my blogging – I have another large whiteboard that I use to keep my blog writing organized. It is useful because I can easily change around the dates of certain blog posts that I want to write on a different date. This board too is staring at me and keeping me on track.
- A place to mindmap – I don’t know about you, but ideas come to me at the strangest times. When it does, I get all of my thoughts out quickly on my whiteboard that is for mindmapping. It is helpful for sure.
How to Get More Done with a Portable Whiteboard System
I recently was introduced to the guys at the Idea Fuel Store. They are doing a fantastic job at taking everyday productivity tools and presenting them in new creative ways. I recently got hold of their new portable whiteboard system and absolutely love it.
I have at least 3 separate times this summer when I am going to be out of town for at least a week. The whiteboards in my home office have become a comfort zone for me. This new portable whiteboard system is just what I needed. It comes with a professional binder and a quality construction. There are 3 whiteboards in the binder that you can use. Each sheet comes with a clear plastic sheet so that you will not lose your creative work during transport. There is also a handy leather strap which allows you to stand up the binder to use in a team environment. Here are a few useful ways you can use this product:
- Be creative in an inspired location – By flipping over the binder, you can make personal use of this whiteboard. Find an inspired location like the beach, a park, your front porch, or just a quiet location. This portable whiteboard fits nicely on your lap and yet gives you plenty of room to write.
- Do team collaboration in any location – I have been a part of many team retreats. Sometimes we divide up in groups and work thorough a brainstorming sessions. Oftentimes, we are working on a piece of paper. A portable whiteboard would have been just the answer for us.
Below is a video, I created to show you how I use this tool to get more done.
How can you get one?
At the time of this writing, the guys at Ideal Fuel are running a 30 day Kickstarter Campaign. This campaign is to help to kick start the production of this awesome new product. By participating in the Kickstarter program you can have one of these portable whiteboards sent to your home.
Go to their Kickstarter page to find out more: Portable Whiteboard System by IdeaFuel